Technology Copywriter, 2016-Present
- Write long-form articles, website content, brochures, and technical marketing content for IT, healthcare, financial services, and law firms.
- Help specialized companies document institutional knowledge through SOPs, employee handbooks, case studies, white papers, technical guides, and more.
- Specialized in B2B and B2C SaaS, Agile Development, Machine Learning, Healthcare IT, Data Science, Cybersecurity, and Cloud Computing.
Laboratory Director / Director of Operations, Nature Med, 2019-2022
- Managed a hydrocarbon extraction laboratory and edible production kitchen. Purchased all equipment, designed all processes from the ground up, and engineered filtering equipment.
- Developed and designed a full-spectrum edible, concentrate, and vaporizer line for the Colorado medical and recreational cannabis market. Hired and trained all extractors, managers, salespeople, and operations staff.
- Responsible for selecting SaaS, cloud computing, and CRM vendors for the entire company.
Director of Business Development, Stephen Bradford Search, 2015-2016
- Created and managed relationships within the greater New York City nonprofit community.
- Created industry newsletter, produced and edited all original content, and devised a distribution system for both current and prospective clients.
Operations Associate, American Corporate Partners, 2014-2015
- Created a comprehensive coding system and performed quantitative and qualitative analyses for all program applicants. Presented findings to staff and senior management semi-annually.
- Oversaw content production for www.acp-advisornet.org. Duties involved reaching out to experts, establishing relationships, and soliciting content.
Graduate Research Assistant, Suffolk University, 2013-2014
- Wrote and updated seminal article on Transitional Justice for the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy as Dr. Nir Eisikovits’ graduate research assistant.
- Drafted multiple chapters in, and served as editor for, anthology titled Theorizing Transitional Justice.
- Conducted qualitative and historical research for Dr. Eisikovits’ 2nd academic book, A Theory of Truces.
Herbert Scoville Jr. Research Fellow, Arms Control Association, 2012-2013
- Covered a wide range of nonproliferation and disarmament issues as a journalist for Arms Control Today using AP Style and co-wrote a major research report on nuclear weapons policy.
- Conducted research for senior staff on the U.S. nuclear budget and nuclear triad, ballistic missile defense, and a report on the 2012 Seoul Nuclear Security Summit.
- Serve as a supplemental editor for Arms Control Today, all public speeches and op-eds, and nonprofit marketing materials.
Adjunct Instructor, CSU Sacramento, 2010-2012
- Co-taught a televised and pilot online class with the senior tenured professor in the department—launching online distance learning at California State University, Sacramento.
- Taught Introduction to Political Science (PolySci 101) to a 40-person undergraduate class for two academic years.
- Selected as one of three undergraduates in the 23-campus California State University system to lead a pilot adjunct instruction program using exceptional, upper-class students as teachers.
Undergraduate Research Assistant, CSU Sacramento, 2009-2012
- Conducted quantitative research and analysis for an article title No table necessary? Foreign policy crisis management techniques in non-state actor-triggered crises in the Journal of Conflict Management and Peace Science.
- Assisted with background research, writing, and editing of op-ed, Nobel Peace Prize Reflects Enduring Importance of International Agreements.
Masters of Science, Ethics and Public Policy, Suffolk University, May 2018
Academic Excellence Award
Bachelor of Arts, Government, California State University, Sacramento, May 2012 Concentration: International Relations
Magna Cum Laude
Fractional Distillation Certification, Elevated Research Solutions - Lab Society, 2021
NFPA 58 Liquified Petroleum Gas Certification, National Fire Protection Association, 2020
ETS 1300 Closed-Loop Butane Extraction Certification, ExtractionTek Solutions, 2020
Board of Directors - Secretary, Colorado NORML, 2020-Present
- Serve as the Secretary of the Executive Board of Directors.
- Write newsletters, fact sheets, and op-eds about regulatory, scientific, and economic developments in the cannabis industry.
- Head of the Legislative Committee, where I work closely with the Governor’s Office, legislative branch, and Marijuana Enforcement Division to draft new regulations and testing requirements.
Academic Excellence Award, Suffolk University, 2014
Jack Livingston Fellow in Political Theory & American Institutions, CSU Sacramento, 2012